Friday, July 14, 2006

Jasmine and Peony



Down by the Salley Gardens
DOWN by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.
In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.
William Butler Yeats

4 comments:

a said...

Querida irlandesa,

A refreshing breeze arrives with flowers and words :) Thank you for both the beauty and the perspective...

Abrazos,
A.

B said...

The Peony has the most subtle of fragrance, it's incredible beauty of a multitude of delicate petals. I have been fortunate enough to find them from time to time...at time's when blossom open fully, one flower almost large enough to fill both my palm's held together cupping it's beauty...and night blooming Jasmine, fragrant enough to linger long after you have left it's presence, another variety lovely as a tea. Accompanied by words, resembling in a way, my favorite chocolate: bittersweet.

It was very soothing to escape to, for the moment, thank you Irl.

B

irlandesa said...

I believe it's sometimes necessary to receive our gentlemen callers in our garden.

Gently reminding them, and ourselves, as to whose small hands planted such beautiful blooms, tend them daily and offer them up as very otherly token to man-made, rage-filled constructs.

Spark said...

underneath the rage there is i think always grief.

but the beauty of a flower or soft breeze on the skin can mend that pain in an instant

sweet fresh relief from the rage and the grief and the fear

thankyou

Xx