Thursday, February 23, 2006

Through a glass

Just stealing a much needed, thoroughly illicit, break here.

And to let you know that there is another addition to our Library. I’m not quite sure, but I believe it’s the first of two parts of a First Part. Very worth reading, in fact. A kind of initial entry in a journal of the journey.

And the second part of the First Part has been almost done since yesterday, but I may have to sleep one more night on some of the phrasing, sigh. As some of you know, I am no stranger to the scribbling of amatory prose and the necessary sleight of hand it imposes.

But, most dear Aphrodite, I must come up with some alchemy for bufar.

On a vastly lighter note, I have been absolutely giddy with glee over the Dubya Dubai fuck-up.

The public negatives are, of course, all for the wrong reasons, but the real web – or at least some small corner of it - is being unraveled in its wake. Scary times, truly. I cannot imagine how many literal guns are being shoved into how many literal heads as I type. Nor do I have any doubt that the billions the emirs have shoveled into the Carlyle Group, for example, represent just a tuppence of what has been changing hands.

But oddities and slippery synchronicities have been abounding of late.

My Left Coast girlfriend assures me that, given that Pisces is in, um, the Moon, I think, then this is all to be expected. And she also assures me that, given my own heavenly sign, it is only natural that I should abhor sudden, unbidden revelations, not to mention things that go bump in the night.

This actually has to do with a premonitory dream I had more than a week ago, a poem by Octavio Paz that has been whirling in my head ever since that dream and a comment I left a number of posts back.

Back to work, I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you meant the Moon was (it's already gone by now) in Pisces. The Moon is the fastest wanderer of all, never lingering in one sign longer than 2 days :^)

Somewhat more puzzling is why the 1st point of Aries is also in Pisces. Is it lost? Doesn't it know where Aries is?

It is also gone walkabout but at a more leisurely pace, lingering in each sign roughly 2200 years which tells me someone must have named it about 2000 years ago. Today we'd call it the 1st point of Pisces.

TripleJ said...

Maybe Bush should let Cheney loose with a double barrelled shotgun on the floor of Congress :^)

I'm sure Congress would accept the Dubai deal immediately.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»