Friday, February 24, 2006

All things centripetal

I do want to let everyone know that the second part of the First Part of the Journal of the Journey has been completed and placed in the Library. And I fear it did make our fastidious Archivist blush.

Silly thing, she should have listened to the caveat [“only for the broadminded”] that preceded the steamier parts. I imagine that she might have fainted dead away, though, if she had had any real amatory experience and actually understood what lay beneath the euphemism.

In a manner of speaking. Euphemistically speaking, as it were.

Or not.

Yes, it’s feeling like a silly Friday night.

Not that it is, but, given that I’m always simultaneously existing in 6 time zones, I can pretty much pick and choose and declare it to be what I will. Which is not nearly as much fun as it sounds.

What I would actually prefer to do with my time-space issues would be to gather them up in one ball, as Marvell almost said in one of my most endlessly favorite poems, which I do believe I've noted here before:

…roll all our strength and all
Our sweetness up into one ball,
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
Thorough the iron gates of life:
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Not the carpe diem of it, I've never found that to be a problem, but rather the focus, the winding all the different skeins of time, space and purpose into one ball. One place.

5 comments:

Spark said...

whoah it's spooky when it goes quiet - what's up, has everyone gone walkabout?

Irl thanks for putting M's piece up the other day, i drafted a gem of a response/tribute but it got swallowed by the system and is most definitely not repeatable

oh well

hope you're doing fine

me, am busy as a bee

S

Comrada B said...

The recent attempt's from above to railroad Otra by arresting, harassments, closures and such would be akin to holding opened up by two corners one square, of one-ply Kleenex and held at arms reach face turned away and eye's closed, in hopes of preventing, stopping or even slowing (the) avalanche (Otra) of below.

It was already known. Yesterday, whispered on a wind of the first one's. Today seductive word (not necessary as the wind is persistant, but nevertheless inspiring for below, above awe poorly disguised in jealous cloak) carry on same faithful insistant wind, igniting such a fever that the resulting effect is one of a temperature that cannnot be brought under control. Tomorrow...

Spark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»