Saturday, September 17, 2005

Multi tasking or the attempt thereof

[The EZLN and other zapatista translations are tucked into our Library, and our Tea Party continues more or less in conjunction with the goings-on in La Garrucha, so do scroll down this page for libations and comments.]

Such a pleasure to find that our Tea Party continues.

Since I now have last night's transcripts in hand, I shall be attempting to work on the translations while listening in to the Plenary. What they are doing today is going over each of the various agenda items relating to the Other Campaign and then seeking agreement on each point. The results will be announced but not final, as everyone else who joined the Sexta, but was not able to attend the Plenary, will have a vote. I wonder if that applies to the internationals?!

There are still lots of crumpets and kir left, so do help yourselves.

5 comments:

Comrada B said...

Oh..Irl, fuertes abrazos for the wonderful TEA PARTY OF OUR OWN....and am dying now to get a copy of Lila Downs,...
'La Cucharacha'

am listening attentivly and inviting "cordial" others to join and listen in my puebla...


Abrazoas...

B

Anonymous said...

Comrada b,

I'm listening attentively as well...along with my little spanish/english dictionary:)
But the atmosphere is certainly wonderful!!
Stephen

Comrada B said...

Stephen....I am fortunate to have comrade vistsing who interpret for me....some or most of whats said.

I am most grateful to the various indy organizations streaming it... Has anyone noted when Marcos will speak or if? I was 1/2 short of the start time....gracias

Abrazos,

B

irlandesa said...

Comrada b: he has been doing the summations at the end of each agenda item - so, once everyone has had their say, he sums them all up. I'm finding I can't do both, sigh, listen and translate, so I'm taking turns.

Comrada B said...

Thank you Irl, for the heads up!
I have had people over to my place that are totally enjoying this "stream" and sharing it with others...

Floating paper oragami swans to everyone...


B


PS (Dorito opted to wear my gift of an oragami swan of like a helmet with little eye holes made in it, courtesy of Excalibur... steadily making his gallant way through the rivulets in his little paper boat)