Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Barely legal

[For those seeking our EZLN, zapatista and Other Campaign translations, they are, as ever, in our Library.]

Just peeking in this evening, for various boring reasons.

I have, really and truly, been giving serious thought to our alt-Hola glossy, but the prepubescent boy in me - who seems to own a fair part of my soul - won't let me past the title. In keeping with the Hola!, Hello!, etcetera, tradition, I have come to the obvious [and probably felonious] solution.

Yo!
basta.

See? Aren't we glad I can't tarry this evening?

But in case anyone might like to honor the day by paying a visit to Sinn Fein, do. They have a rather tedious, Lib-Demmish, new website, but at least you can link to the Republican News and catch up on things.

Back to the old normal tomorrow. Promise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

that's afunny coincidence: my spanish is so bad i used to say yo basta instead of ya basta by mistake!

Looking Forward,

Love,
Spark Anon

Anonymous said...

Funny! Fabulous!

Just what we need :)

Anna

Spark said...

Dear Anna and Irl

Just wanted to say Anna I did appreciate yr comments on my comments re racism and colour a few eons back and wanted to respond. Now I can't find them though [so many delicious nooks and crannies in the Parlour]

Of course you are right. But so am I, up to a point, right?

I think my point is this: racism can go both ways, and like a pendulum responses to it can swing too far, just as modernism and consumerism have swung too far in response to the traditional ways that preceeded them; creating a new set of problems in their wake.

For myself I choose to define myself as a person of colour, a light skinned rainbow who inhabits different mindstates at different times on a spiral or spectrum of conciousness, some of these states are healthy and some not so. At this human universal level [the level of consciousness] I have so much more in common with people everywhere, whatever their race or cultural background, that it is hard to see that a distinction based on black or white is in any way meaningful.

To say this is not to deny the suffering that people have felt and continue to feel because of racism:indeed our age of nation states seems to have produced its own new forms of racism. Ever it was thus: the fear of the other/unknown and the need to protect one's patch.

Anyway, I wish I had time to engage with you more on this subject as its a fascinating one

Irl: as Anna says, funny & fabulous indeed. I think the Yo Basta! mag is a winner and I would love to help you with it in any way; vamos!

Legal said...

Our network has been looking for a Legal business like yours to list in our World Directory & our forum.

Hey, there is no cost and it will only take a few minutes for you to register!

Your Silver Fox Business Building Team helping build your Legal business!